So, I finished 12 years of school (1 year to go thank God 😊) and I believe that in those 12 years I learned something about school especially high school (horrible horrible time of my life). So here are a list of things for you to know in order to survive those dreaded years. If you haven't stated high school yet, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but it is not what they show you in movies.
- High school is a really tough place, don't listen to people, when they say that it's the best time of your life, it's not! Just survive and always look forward
- You can't be everyone's friend. Every year before school I used to tell myself that I will be everyone's friend, that I will be very nice to everyone, and people will be nice to me, and guess what, every time I went back people would spread more rumors about me and made me give up on my idea
- If you haven't done your homework, don't lie that you forgot it, the truth will come out someday, just be honest, say why you haven't done it (don't say "I didn't fell like doing it" though😂)
- People will judge you and spread rumors about you, the important thing is, you know the truth and you stick to it
- Your image is very important especially now, that everyone has social media and can easily see what you are up to, if you are a nice classy girl, don't post how you are getting drunk with someone, even one photo with a glass of alcohol, can destroy you, people will talk, and at school everything goes around really fast
- Yes, you can debate with your teacher, if you think that they are saying something against your beliefs or in anyway being unreasonable, don't hesitate to speak your mind, obviously don't start arguing about too much homework (let's be real, we've all done that at some point though)
- You can't be good at every subject and you won't be, no one will, you will be stronger at some topics and weaker at others.
- If you think that someone is good at everything, trust me they work for it, they work really hard, even if they choose not to show it.
- It's okay not to know what you want to do after school, up until year 12 I knew exactly what I wanted to study, and now it's my last year of school, and I literally have no idea anymore.
- It might be really hard, trust me I know, but try to enjoy this time, it's probably the worst time of your life but try to find little things to enjoy, I promise it will make the year go by much faster.